Oracle Training Cruise
Oracle Performance Tuning at Sea 2018
Training cruise for DBAs and Developers, taught by Donald K. Burleson
Sunday January 28th - Sunday, February 4th 2018
For cruise details, call (800) 766-1884 or email
Oracle Performance Tuning Training Course
© 2007-2018 by Burleson Corporation
This course is taught on the BC Oracle cruise.
January 28 - February 4, 2018
This course is taught as a 3-day class.
Book your class seat here
then go to Royal Caribbean
* See how initialization parameters affect SQL optimization.
* Understand how to read an execution plan. * Learn the importance of schema statistics.
* Learn how to apply "global" changes to tune many SQL statements at once.
* See how to locate missing indexes.
* See how to use the library cache to find SQL tuning opportunities.
Understand how to prioritize your SQL tuning efforts.
* Learn how external system statistics improve SQL execution. * See how to evaluate and test SQL execution speed. * Learn the internal table join methods. * Learn to detect unnecessary large-table full-table scans. * See how to quickly identify sub-optimal SQL. * Use hints to change SQL execution plans. * Tune SQL with stored outlines. * See how the SQLTuning advisor and SQLAccess advisor recommends SQL tuning opportunities.
* Use the v$ internal views for Oracle SQL tuning.
Advanced Oracle SQL tuning is an intensive three-day course designed to provide Oracle professionals with an in-depth understanding of Oracle SQL tuning and how to formulate and tune SQL statements for optimal performance. Burleson Corporation instructors offer decades of real world DBA experience in Oracle features, and they will share their secrets in this intense Oracle SQL tuning training.
Optional Oracle Tuning book:
This course is designed for practicing Oracle professionals, Oracle developers and Systems Administrators professionals who have some basic experience with SQL statements. Prior experience with Oracle is not required, but experience using SQL with a relational database is highly desirable.
The goal of the Oracle Performance Tuning class is to provide a comprehensive toolkit to allow the DBA to quickly locate and tune a database workload.